Space Clusters Industrial Diversification and smart specialization
We aim to create a European Strategic Cluster Partnership for smart specialization investment (ESCP-S3) between European Space Clusters and other key European diversification clusters, technology centres and business networks. Building on the experience as ESCP-4i SPACE2ID, we hereby aim to support Space Service Providers and Application Developers to directly address the huge economic potential within EU Member States.
The participating clusters in the SPACE2ID project committed to work on a joint internationalisation strategy and implementation roadmap when they became a European Strategic Cluster Partnership – Going International (ESCP-4i) in February 2016. Moreover, they have also decided to build a wider alliance named Space4Globe. This alliance wants to be a framework for joint innovation, collaborative projects and other collaborations, further to the international affairs targeted as ESCP-4i. In this context, the Space4Globe partnership launches this call for the expression of interest, open to additional partners.
We are looking for partners from regions in which Aerospace is mentioned as a specific priority in their RIS3. The aim is to help SMEs provide with services that can help them to better benefit from smart specialization investments and initiatives.
If you are interested, please contact: [email protected]
The ESCP pursues the following objectives:
- To help SMEs to find strategic transnational partners, research results and support them to access public and private investments in line with smart specialization strategies.
- Create synergies between public authorities, clusters, business networks and other industrial players to foster smart specialization investment in the Aerospace sector.
- Analyse and promote the potential of transfer of their innovations into the MELCA areas of operation within EU Member States with which synergies have been proved, namely:
- Mobility (i.e. transport of people)
- Logistics (i.e. transport of goods)
- Creative Industries (i.e. design, games and music)