Call for project ideas in the Commissions seven flagship areas
In September, the European Commission set out strategic guidance for the implementation of the Recovery and Resilience Facility in its 2021 Annual Sustainable Growth Strategy (ASGS). The Facility will be key for Europe's post-COVID recovery and and instrument at the heart of NextGenerationEU. The Facility will provide an unprecedented €672.5 billion of loans and grants in frontloaded financial support for the crucial first years of the recovery.
To benefit from the Recovery and Resilience facility, Member States need to prepare and submit Recovery and Resilience Plans that address the coutry-specific economic policy challenges and give an overview over their national investment and reform agenda. The Commission strongly encourages Member States to include investment and reforms in the following seven flagship areas:
- Power up – The frontloading of future-proof clean technologies and acceleration of the development and use of renewables.
- Renovate – The improvement of energy efficiency of public and private buildings.
- Recharge and Refuel – The promotion of future-proof clean technologies to accelerate the use of sustainable, accessible and smart transport, charging and refuelling stations and extension of public transport.
- Connect – The fast rollout of rapid broadband services to all regions and households, including fiber and 5G networks.
- Modernise – The digitalisation of public administration and services, including judicial and healthcare systems.
- Scale-up – The increase in European industrial data cloud capacities and the development of the most powerful, cutting edge, and sustainable processors..
- Reskill and upskill – The adaptation of education systems to support digital skills and educational and vocational training for all ages.
These seven flaship areas will be the center of discussion in the upcoming webinars of the European Clusters Alliance. Cluster stakeholders are invited to present ideas within the seven flagship areas in the following sessions:
- Monday, 19/10 8:30 CETProject ideas for the RRF flagship "Power Up"
- Wednesday, 21/10 8:30 CETProject ideas for the RRF flagship "Renovate"
- Friday, 23/10 8:30 CETProject ideas for the RRF flagship "Recharge and Refuel"
- Wednesday, 28/10 8:30 CETProject ideas for the RRF flagship "Connect"
- Friday, 30/10 8:30 CETProject ideas for the RRF flagship "Modernise"
- Monday, 2/11 8:30 CETProject ideas for the RRF flagship "Scale-up"
- Wednesday, 4/11 8:30 CETProject ideas for the RRF flagship "Reskill & Upskill"
If you are interested, please send an email to nina.hoppmann [at] idia.email (subject: Email%20list%20of%20the%20European%20Alliance%20Against%20Coronavirus, body: Dear%20Nina.%0AI%20want%20to%20be%20included%20in%20the%20email%20list%20of%20the%20European%20Alliance%20Against%20Coronavirus.%0AMy%20personal%20data%3A%0AName%3A%0AEntity%3A%0Aemail%3A%0A) (nina.hoppmann[at]idia.email) and you will be invited to give a short presentation on concrete actions that in your opinion need to be funded under these flagship areas. The European Cluster Alliance is looking forward to hearing about them.