Swedish manufacturer discovers quick energy-saving wins
Energy savings, no extra cost!
- Energy audit revealed simple, effective measures
- 10-12 % energy savings
Plast Petter AB is a small Swedish manufacturer of plastic products mainly for use in offices. The products are cut, welded and glued together.
The company uses energy from oil and electricity, around 320 MWh and 550 MWh every year respectively.
An energy checkup carried out at the company revealed several measures that could yield positive results. These included:
- Disconnecting transformers not in use
- Optimising use of the compressed air cooler and drier
- Shutting down ventilation fans during nights and weekends
- Rechanneling waste heat/air into the production area for heating
These largely process-oriented changes were implemented at minimal or no additional cost to the firm, and yet achieved 10-12 % overall energy savings.
ENGINE project, http://www.engine-sme.eu
Case study report, http://www.engine-sme.eu/fileadmin/SME-Uploads/D15/ENGINE_WP5_D15_EN.pdf (pg 14)