Within the context of the 7th edition of the European Cluster Conference 2020, the EU-funded European Cluster Collaboration Platform (ECCP) will organise an Intra-European Cluster Matchmaking Event. The Cluster Matchmaking Event will be held as a European Cluster Conference post-event on the 11 and 12 of November 2020.
The objectives of the event are:
- To initiate and to strengthen cluster cooperation among European cluster organisations by exploring trade, investment and partnering opportunities;
- To develop connections between Europe’s value chains, clusters and ecosystems; and
- To promote discussions and networking between participants, which would ultimately result in the development and signing of Letters of Interest, Memorandum of Understanding, and other types of partnership agreements.
- Preparatory webinar – an opportunity to receive guidance on how to participate successfully in the planned event.
- Two virtual inter-cluster matchmaking sessions – an opportunity to network within the European cluster community through prescheduled one-to-one virtual meetings.
Who can participate?
The Intra-European Cluster Matchmaking Event is open to cluster and business network organisations from countries eligible for participating in the COSME programme. There is no sector restriction.
Requirements to participate in the event:
- The clusters or business network organisation must be a legal entity established in a European Union Member State or other COSME country. See list here.
- The cluster or business network organisations must be registered or have requested to be registered on the ECCP. Cluster or business network organisations which are not yet registered on the ECCP can apply for registration on the ECCP until 26 October (23.59 CEST).
- The cluster or business network organisation should comply with the definition given in the section 1.3 (s) on 'innovation clusters' in Annex I of the “EU Framework for State Aid for Research and Development and Innovation".
The selected cluster and business network organisations will have to submit a commitment e-mail in which they agree:
- to participate in the preparatory webinar titled “Tracking of potential partnerships and guidance to business showcase,” which will take place on 2 November at 14h CEST;
- to conduct at least four virtual matchmaking meetings during the event; and
- to complete an Online Questionnaire to provide feedback on the effectiveness of the event and recommendations for future events.
The Intra-European Cluster Matchmaking Event will be held virtually on 11-12 November 2020. The tentative agenda for the event is the following:
- Day One: 11 November 2020 (day two of the European Cluster Conference) - 14.00 – 17.30: First Online Matchmaking Session
- Day Two: 12 November 2020 (the day after the European Cluster Conference) - 09.00 – 12.00: Second Online Matchmaking Session
Prior to the event, the selected participants are expected to participate in a preparatory live webinar entitled “Tracking of potential partnerships and guidance to business showcase”. The webinar will inform participants on how to use the online matchmaking platform, how to conduct the online matchmakings, and other event and ECCP community related information.
Costs and expenses
The participation in the Intra-European Cluster Matchmaking Event will be free of charge. Since this is an online event, there will be no reimbursement of travel or any other expenses.
Cluster or business network organisations interested in participating in the event shall complete the event’s registration form.
The decision on the selection of applicants will be based on the requirements stated above. Therefore, by filling in the registration form applicants are not automatically accepted to participate in the event.
Applicants should complete the registration form by the 1 November 2020 (23.59 CEST).
The submission of registration to this call indicates an acceptance of the terms stated in the Call.
Please note, you will only be formally registered for the Event if the Call criteria are met. The ECCP team will confirm your formal registration by email.
If you have any questions, please contact Daniela Coutinho and Igor Kosic at EUmatchmaking [at] clustercollaboration.eu
All the personal data provided will be processed in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 2018/1725 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data.