First sustainability workshops organised by Towards Green Transition Facility winners
The ‘Towards Green Transition’ Facility is an initiative by the European Cluster Collaboration Platform (ECCP) which enables clusters registered at the ECCP to promote green transition skills amongst their members through technical advisory support by highly qualified advisors.
The winners were announced in May, and support for the winners started in June.
Sensorik Cluster, a German regional network for the sensor industry, organised a workshop for cluster members on 30 June which focussed on:
- identifying existing activities on sustainability in their network: mapping strengths, assets, and leveraging sustainability-oriented business and product innovations;
- exploring sector-specific sustainability challenges to seize new business opportunities and identify priority areas which need performance improvement, for example reducing waste and maximising resources.
More information on Sensorik’s workshop can be found here.
In addition to this, on 30 June the Lombardy Green Chemistry Association and the European Innovation Council organised a training session to present new opportunities of the Horizon Europe EIC Work Programme to SMEs in cosmetics, nutraceuticals and pharmaceuticals.
The focus of the session was to provide cluster members with recommendations on how to write a successful proposal under the EIC calls and to develop a strategic circular bio-based business model. Details of the event can be found here.
Key points of discussion from the two workshops include:
- Clusters’ journey towards green technology
- How to develop a strategic circular bio-based business model
- How to use a corporate sustainability framework
- How clusters can contribute to the sustainable transition
In the coming weeks, more clusters will organise capacity-building events with the support of the Facility. Find out more about the 'Towards Green Transition' Facility here.