Smart Specialisation and Technology Transfer as Innovation Drivers for Regional Growth
Smart specialisation, technology transfer and digital economy – investments in research, innovation and human capital are key priority areas for boosting jobs and growth.
Opportunities and challenges of innovation and Europe's response to them are the topics of this conference, with a focus on South-East Europe, including the Western Balkans, and for constructive dialogue between institutions and businesses.
Video streaming for sessions of the Smart Specialisation and Technology Transfer as Innovation Drivers for Regional Growth conference.
Streaming starts on 03 May - follow the link on the conference website.
The programme is offering sessions around the key themes:
- Smart specialisation
- Technology transfer
- Digital Economy
- Opening statements: Innovation, a response to Europe's challengesPanel discussion: The innovation landscape in the EU - Main actors, initiatives, tools and outcomes
- Sharing experiences I: Innovation in places - Making smart specialisation a success story
- Sharing experiences II: Success factors in R&D and innovation – How businesses cooperate with academia
- Final Plenary Panel discussion: Coordinating processes and synergies – Bringing multiple initiatives together
- Tomislav Donchev, Deputy Prime Minister, Bulgaria
- Lilyana Pavlova , Minister for the Bulgarian Presidency of the EU Council 2018
- Mariya Gabriel, European Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society
- Markku Markkula, Vice-President of the Committee of the Regions
- Vladimir Šucha, Director-General, Joint Research Centre (DG JRC), European Commission
- Sasha Bezuhanova, founder and board chairperson of MOVE.BG
Also Bianca Dragomir, European Cluster Manager of the Year, Cluster Manager of AVAESEN cluster will speak about "The Role of Clusters in Smart Specialisation in Transition Regions" and Peter Statev, Cluster Manager of the Bulgarian ICT Cluster will present "success factors in R&D and innovation - how businesses cooperate with academia"
See the whole programme here.
For more information visit the event page!