Winners of the EU vs. Virus pan-European Hackathon
The European Commission, in close collaboration with EU Member States, hosted a pan-European hackathon to connect civil society, innovators, partners and buyers across Europe to develop innovative solutions to overcome COVID-19 pandemic-related challenges from the 24th to the 26th of April 2020. The resullt are a total of 117 innovative solutions to tackle the COVID-19 pandemic from the challenge domains of Health & Life, Business continuity, Social & Political cohesion, Remote working & Education, Digital finance, and others.
The top six challenge category winners are:
- Health and Life category: Team Discovery from Hungary presented a highly scalable patient monitoring system that minimises the need for physical contact between nurses and patients;
- Business Continuity category: Linistry for safe retail from Hungary presented a remote queuing solution to ensure social distancing in retail industry;
- Social and Political cohesion category: Aidbind composed by Bulgaria, Germany, Malta, Sweden, and Switzerland, presented a solution for the information gap between demand, supply, and funding of medical products, procured via donations and charity;
- Remote working and Education category: The Village - Where The World Is Your Classroom from Switzerland, Ukraine, United States, and India presented an online village platform that allows sharing and experiential virtual learning among friends, family, teachers, and peers;
- Digital finance category: Bankera Business Care from Lithuania presented a solution to providing SMEs with short-term financing to cover their liquidity needs during times of COVID-19 crisis;
- Others category: Sewers4COVID from Greece, Netherlands, Spain, and the United Kingdom presented a sewer surveillance platform for early virus detection to help decision-makers direct resources where they are most needed.
To access the results and find out more about the proposals from the winners, please click here. © European Union, 1995-2020.
Content available soon