Southern European Entrepreneurship Engine (S3E) programme - Second open call for applicants
EU-funded project Southern European Entrepreneurship Engine (S3E) has launched its second open call to the S3E programme - the EU-funded initiative fostering deep tech entrepreneurship in South European countries.
The S3E Programme is coming back with a second edition to offer new opportunities to the deep tech ecosystem looking to bridge the go-to-market gap in Southern Europe.
The S3E Programme is built around 3 tracks of services, tailored to the needs of different groups operating within the deep tech innovation ecosystem.
- S3E Start: helps research teams and tech transfer offices to explore the commercial viability of their deep tech projects.
- S3E Charge: supports deep tech start-ups in their growing phase that want to improve their business model and learn how to access dilutive and non-dilutive funding.
- S3E Reverse: connects corporate challenges with solutions developed by scale-ups and SMEs thanks to the Brokerage Program, based on a successful open innovation methodology.
Who can apply?
Applications for the second open call are welcomed from the following countries:
- South European countries: Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Greece, Italy, Malta, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia and Spain.
- Associated countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Kosovo and Turkey.
The applicants need to apply via the designated online platform, making sure to answer all mandatory questions and selecting at least one of the UN Sustainable Development Goals their business or project is aligned with. The application form is available on the S3E website from 18 September 2023.
Deadline for applying to the S3E Charge (startups) and S3E Reverse (large organisations acting as ‘Challengers’) is 15 December 2023, 17:00 CET.
Deadline for applying to S3E Start (research teams & tech transfer officers) is 12 January 2024, 17:00 CET.
S3E – Southern European Entrepreneurship Engine
Project S3E is an ambitious joint initiative launched in September 2022, funded by the European Commission as part of the Horizon Europe Programme. During its 30-month run, 4 partners (HiSeedTech, European Public Law Organisation - Institute for Sustainable Development, International Development Ireland, and Australo) from Portugal, Greece, Ireland and Spain have joined forces to make S3E a reality. The team includes experts from the research, innovation and acceleration ecosystem, together with policy and community building experts.