The HempClub project, funded by the COSME Programme, brings together 7 clusters and associations operating in the bioeconomy, advanced manufacturing, and hemp production sectors to create interconnected and interregional supply chains between operators in primary production, agri-food processing, and green chemistry in the hemp sector.
HempClub implements the ClusterXchange pilot scheme which aims to support short-term exchanges between two different COSME countries to better connect Europe’s industrial ecosystems. It facilitates transnational cooperation, peer learning, networking, and innovation uptake between actors of different industrial clusters.
Who can participate?
Participants of a transnational exchange can be representatives of cluster organisations and similar business network organisations, scaling-up support organisations (such as tech centres, research institutes, (digital) innovation hubs, fab labs, creative hubs, resource-efficiency service providers, incubators, accelerators) and SMEs that are cluster members from countries participating in the COSME programme.
Czech organizations can participate in the exchange, but since the exchange takes place in Czech Republic, they will not receive a reimbursement due to the European exchange rules.
Visiting organizations can participate only once in the CXC mobility scheme.
- Creating a collaborative network dedicated to improving research and supporting commercial growth in the hemp material area.
- Acquiring a thorough understanding of the present situation of the hemp bioeconomy market, including important stakeholders, active innovation research initiatives, and funded projects.
- Identifying new sustainable business lines to boost hemp materials applications
- To share knowledge, individuate potential collaboration and commercial opportunities in the bioeconomy among the Host Organization (and its cluster associates) and Visiting organizations;
- To enhance collaboration and networking among actors of EU hemp value chains to enhance and promote the European hemp industry globally;
- To visit local companies and interact with local stakeholders operating in the hemp sector;
The exchange will be hosted by CzecHemp, a non-governmental non-profit cluster organization of private companies, public sector, research, and education to strengthen cooperation in the Czech hemp and medical cannabis industry which supports the SDGs, EC innovative policy, national competitiveness policy and development of bioeconomy in the Czech Republic.
DAY 1 (16 October)
9:00–17:30 Conference: Hemp Materials and their contribution to Bioeconomy
- Hemp's contribution to climate mitigation, bioeconomy and circularity
- Hemp seeds as not only a nutrition source for future
- Hemp fibre and shives for material self-sufficiency
- Hemp application for innovations in building and furniture design
- Presentations of companies and hemp materials during the conference
DAY 2 (17 October)
09:00–12:00 Matchmaking session
- Hemp industry in EU countries
- bioeconomy and emerging markets, innovation & applications, best practises…
- project ideas generation and development
- partnership identification and establishment
12:00–12:15 Conference closing
12:30–13:30 Networking Lunch
14:00–17:30 Site visit19:00–22:00 networking Dinner
DAY 3 (18 October)
09:00 – 18:00 SITE VISITS
If you fulfill all the eligibility conditions (see above: "who can participate"), you may be entitled to receive a lump sum of €305 for participating in the event aiming to partially cover accommodation, flights, and meals.
To receive the lump sum, it is mandatory to participate in every activity of the exchange.
If your organization already took part in the previous HempClub exchange (CBD Business Exchange) or in some exchanges organized by other CXC Partnerships, you will not be eligible to receive the lump sum.
Registration through Eventbrite page does not give access directly to the event. After registration through this page, you will be contacted via email to verify your eligibility and finalize your registration for the event.
For any questions, do not hesitate to contact us: hempclubeu [at] gmail.com