The HempClub project, funded by the COSME Programme, brings together 7 clusters and associations operating in the bioeconomy, advanced manufacturing, and hemp production sectors to create interconnected and interregional supply chains between operators in primary production, agri-food processing, and green chemistry in the hemp sector.
HempClub implements the ClusterXchange pilot scheme which aims to support short-term exchanges between two different COSME countries to better connect Europe’s industrial ecosystems. It facilitates transnational cooperation, peer learning, networking, and innovation uptake between actors of different industrial clusters.
- Gaining insights from industry experts and visionaries shaping the future of textile sustainability.
- Networking with like-minded professionals and stakeholders committed to driving change in the textile industry to discover actionable strategies and innovative approaches to integrate circular solutions into this sector.
- Being part of a transformative dialogue that addresses pressing sector concerns and charts a sustainable path forward for the industry.
- Creating a collaborative network to improve research and support commercial growth in hemp-based innovative materials and their potential for bioeconomy boost.
- Acquiring a thorough understanding of the present situation of the hemp bioeconomy market, including important stakeholders, active innovation research initiatives, and funded projects.
- To share knowledge, individuate potential collaboration and commercial opportunities in the bioeconomy among the Host Organization (and its cluster associates) and Visiting organizations.
- To enhance collaboration and networking among actors of EU hemp-based value chains to enhance and promote the European hemp industry globally.
- To visit local companies and interact with local stakeholders operating in the hemp sector.
The exchange will be hosted by Federcanapa, the Federation of Italian Hemp established to give voice and technical and scientific support to the many initiatives underway in all Italian regions and to be an authoritative representation to the government, regional administrations and other industry sectors. The Federation aims to protect the interests of growers and primary processors of hemp (Cannabis sativa L.), promoting research and providing reliable, scientifically correct information on the methods of cultivation and processing of industrial hemp and its potential applications.
Who can participate?
Participants of a transnational exchange can be representatives of cluster organisations and similar business network organisations, scaling-up support organisations (such as tech centres, research institutes, (digital) innovation hubs, fab labs, creative hubs, resource-efficiency service providers, incubators, accelerators) and SMEs that are cluster members from countries participating in the COSME programme.
Italian organizations can participate in the exchange, but since the exchange takes place in Italy, they will not receive a reimbursement due to the European exchange rules.
Visiting organizations can participate only once in the CXC mobility scheme.
Click on the following link to register and read the programme fo the exchange: https://www.eventbrite.it/e/circular-solutions-for-textile-value-chain-exchange-tickets-776180074497?utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&utm-medium=discovery&utm-term=listing&utm-source=cp&aff=ebdsshcopyurl