European Innovation Council Transition: Calls opening soon
The European Innovation Council (EIC) is a key novelty of Horizon Europe that represents the most ambitious innovation initiative that Europe has developed to date, with a budget of €10 billion for the period 2021–2027.
The EIC’s Transition mechanism is opening soon and will provide funding for projects in science and technology, as well as challenge-driven funding in specific strategic fields.
EIC Transition will fund:
- the maturation and validation of your novel technology in the lab and in relevant application environments;
- the development of a business case and (business) model for the innovation’s future commercialisation.
Grants of up to €2.5 million are available to validate and demonstrate technology in application-relevant environments and develop market readiness.
Is EIC Transition for you?
- Have you identified project results that could be the basis for ground-breaking innovations and new businesses?
- Is this novel technology ready for the next steps towards its maturation and validation in specific applications?
- Do you envisage building a motivated and diverse entrepreneur-lead team to develop the idea and increase its market readiness?
Single applicants (SMEs, spin-offs, start-ups, research organisations, universities) or small consortia (maximum 5 partners) may apply.
As Transition funding is a new scheme under Horizon Europe, for 2021 it is restricted to applications based on results generated by the following eligible projects:
- EIC Pathfinder projects;
- European Research Council (ERC) Horizon 2020 Proof of Concept projects.
You will need to demonstrate that you are the owner, Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) holder, or have the necessary rights to commercialise the results from one of these eligible projects.
Find out more about the upcoming calls here.