Call for Applications: 3rd Cluster Booster Academy - for cluster managers and employees of cluster organisations!
For the first time ever! The ECCP is excited to invite not only cluster managers, but also employees of cluster organisations to join the 3rd Cluster Booster Academy. In this third iteration, we are dedicated to cultivating powerful networks among cluster managers and setting the stage for unprecedented collaborative opportunities. After two successful installments of the Cluster Booster Academy with Cluster Managers from all over Europe, we want to extend our invitation to their employees as well!
This next installment promises to be even more engaging and impactful, offering participants unparalleled opportunities for networking, professional development, and cluster innovation. The Academy is a 5-day event, consisting of a 3-day online event (23-25 January 2024 in the mornings) as well as a 2-day in person training session in Sofia, Bulgaria (11-12 March 2024) in collaboration with our venue host, the Automotive Cluster Bulgaria.
Managing a cluster in the modern era demands a diverse skill set to navigate the challenges of the digital and green transitions effectively. The Cluster Booster Academy is designed to meet this demand. Our 5-day program intends to:
- Equip participants with practical skills and knowledge through coaching sessions and ongoing support, enabling them to implement cluster action plans successfully.
- Address the daily needs of European cluster management teams, empowering them to offer innovative and professional services to SMEs.
- Enhance the capabilities of cluster staff, adopting a "train the trainers" approach to disseminate knowledge and fortify the entire cluster ecosystem.
- Develop effective community building and networking skills, encouraging participants to connect and collaborate throughout the Academy.
- Strengthen participants' ability to identify and tackle structural challenges within their clusters by providing tools and resources to clarify mission, vision, and aims.
- Enhance the skills required to tackle real-world challenges, offering case studies and practical examples related to cluster strategy and action plan development.
- Support cluster managers and their teams in implementing advanced strategies, growing their clusters, and building sustainable business models.
- Foster an understanding of the role of clusters in promoting regional development and economic growth, illustrated through successful cluster initiatives.
The Cluster Booster Academy is an annual event designed for 35 to 50 participants. This third iteration will maintain a hybrid format, this time spanning five days:
- 3 days of online training sessions: January 23-25, 2024. In the mornings from 10 AM to 2 PM CET. This virtual component comprises 1 full day and 2 half days with smaller, more interactive sessions.
- 2 days of in-person training sessions: March 11-12, 2024, hosted at the Automotive Cluster in Sofia, Bulgaria, allowing participants to personally get to know each other, strengthen networking, and enhance collaboration.
Additionally, individual coaching sessions will be provided to further personalize the learning experience, both between virtual and in-person days and after training completion.
The Cluster Booster Academy takes a hands-on approach to learning, enabling participants to apply their newly acquired skills and knowledge to their daily lives when managing cluster organisationsl. With guidance from experienced coaches, participants receive valuable feedback and support throughout their learning journey. The Academy also offers a unique platform for peer networking and collaboration, with up to 50 cluster managers and employees of cluster organisations from across Europe in attendance. By working together to address shared challenges, participants can deepen their learning and establish valuable new connections.
Listen to what some of our CBA alumni had to say about their experience:
"The training provides an opportunity to create a better structure for any cluster, regardless of the number of years [it has been operating]."
"The opportunity to be part of CBA has brought new ideas that we plan to implement."
"Excellent opportunity to understand challenges of other clusters and connect with them.
"The training […] provides a unique opportunity for networking between European Clusters that no other event currently offers."
Who can apply?
The Cluster Booster Academy welcomes a diverse group of cluster managers and employees of cluster organisations interested in learning from experts, expanding their networks, and sharing their knowledge. The call is only open to participants who are:
- registered on the ECCP as cluster organisations
- managing a cluster organisation from an EU country or countries associated to the COSME strand of the Single Market Programme;
- motivated and committed to attending all 5 training days, turning on the camera on the virtual days and completing assigned homework assigned between the virtual and the physical training sessions.
Kindly note that only one application per cluster is allowed (either the cluster manager or an employee of the cluster organisation), and it must be submitted by the respective participant. Bringing additional colleagues or sending substitutes is not permitted as seats are limited.
Participation in the training sessions is entirely free of charge. Food and beverages during the in-person training will be covered by the ECCP team. However, transportation and accommodation costs are the responsibility of the participants and cannot be reimbursed by the ECCP team.
To assist with planning, the ECCP team will collaborate with the Automotive Cluster Bulgaria to provide participants with a comprehensive information pack, including hotel recommendations, transportation options, and other relevant details.
If you are eager to be a part of the third edition of the Cluster Booster Academy, please complete this application form.
Please note that we will contact the final participants during the week following the deadline, after careful evaluation. When applying, please ensure that you have January 23-25 in the mornings and March 11-12 completely blocked out for this event.
If you have any additional inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us at events [at] clustercollaboration.eu.
 In case you are not registered, yet, please do so before your application. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to events [at] clustercollaboration.eu
 Cancelling last minute (less than two weeks before the intended dates) for unjustified reasons or little to no engagement during the 5 days of training and in the timeframe in between might lead to limited participation opportunities to future ECCP events.