Baltic Sea and Space Cluster Success Story
The Baltic Sea and Space Cluster (BSSC) is the Pentagon Helix HUB of the maritime and space industry and International Projects HUB.
The BSSC’s participation in the ECCP platform enabled the cluster to actively participate in the transfer of knowledge and internationalisation of activities. Thanks to the ECCP, the cluster is currently participating in 2 projects in the HORIZON 2020 program, one project financed by Norwegian grants and in several projects under the Interreg Baltic Region.
Thanks to the cooperation with partners from the clusters operating on the clustercollaboration.eu platform, the Baltic Sea and Space Cluster transformed from the triple helix organization into the Pentagon Helix HUB.
After several years of incubation, the cluster began to operate in the Triple Helix formula. Then after a few years it evolved into a Quadruple Helix cluster. This is the result of participation in numerous international projects.
Baltic Sea and Space Cluster is the Pentagon Helix HUB of the maritime and space industry and International Projects HUB.
BSSC projects are:
1. GALATEA [HORIZON 2020] – Grow and accelerate your smart projects in new value chains of the European Blue Economy
2. SpaceUp Academy [HORIZON 2020]. This EU funded project aims at assisting space start-ups in scaling up
3. ZEVinnovation project aims to establish a sustainable and efficient network for the development of innovative technologies
4. TENTacle – Capitalising on TEN-T core network corridors for prosperity, growth and cohesion
5. ECOPRODIGI – Eco-efficiency to maritime industry processes in the Baltic Sea Region through digitalisation
6. ELMAR – Supporting South Baltic SMEs to enter the international supply chains & sales markets for boats & ships with electric propulsions
7. SMART BLUE REGIONS – seeks to enhance blue growth opportunities based on increased capacity of Baltic Sea Regions to implement Research and Innovation Strategies for Smart Specialisation (RIS3).
8. E-LASS – European network for lightweight applications at sea
9. InterMarE – Strengthening the international activity of blue sector SMEs in the South Baltic Sea area
10. UMBRELLA – helps boosting cross-border cooperation capacities of Local Actors in the South Baltic Sea
Find out more about the Baltic Sea and Space Cluster here.