Mission, vision and objectives
For nearly 50 years, AFPA has been involved in international cooperation, in the Maghreb, Africa and beyond, through projects supporting employment, training and socio-economic inclusion policies.
The project entitled “AFPA Mediterranean Ambition” was motivated by the ambition to develop projects primarily in the Mediterranean, focused on the countries around the Mediterranean, and particularly those on the southern shore. The project’s economic development strategy is in line with the European neighbourhood policies and international cooperation.
Three AFPA regional directorates are involved in the project:
- Region of Corsica,
- Occitania Region
- Sud PACA Region
Priority areas of “AFPA Mediterranean Ambition”
In the context of a global health crisis, the project strategy takes into account the impacts and challenges of tomorrow to be faced in the countries around the Mediterranean. Moreover, the strategic axes underlying it have been defined around:
- Support for economic change and sustainable economic development
- Support for democratic transitions and socio-economic inclusion
- The implementation of employment and training policies
- Development of public-private partnerships and deployment within the framework of International and Cross-border Cooperation
The objectives of the project are to:
- Support the countries of the southern shore of the Mediterranean within the framework of French bilateral cooperation defined by the Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs as part of economic development assistance.
- Deploy development aid programs financed by international funders and develop training projects based on The European Neighbourhood Policy in Mediterranean and cross-border countries.
- Support private companies, French or foreign groups in the development of their international strategy.
“AFPA Mediterranean Ambition” is primarily focused on Blue Growth and its emerging opportunities (Marine renewable energies, onshore and offshore wind power, water power, …), the understaffed maritime sectors and seafaring occupations, the ecological transition, port logistics, tourism and multimodal transport …- without hiding many opportunities to be seized in the green economy, a source of diversification and job creation for companies from many value-creating sectors …
The project’s development strategy will be based on the development of new reference systems for emerging occupations and training systems related to the Green and Blue economy, through an innovative and inclusive educational approach