- Sep 14, 2020
DIH Agrifood and ITC Cluster have launched the FARM2FORK Hackathon open call!
The goal of this call is to find innovative and implementable products and services that will:
- minimize negative effects of COVID-19 pandemic in agrifood sector or
- increase the resilience of the food production and food supply systems in pandemic situations.
Products and services can be presented as minimum viable products (MVP) or fully developed products and services that can be deployable, promotable and marketable.
Applications are invited from solution providers, innovators and enthusiasts across Europe.
Examples for products and services may be very broad, covering following areas (this list is not exhaustive):
- deployment of any kind of digital technologies in agriculture, food production/processing and food supply (robotics, AI, IoT, EO, Big data, blockchain);
- agrifood workforce (management, personal distancing, training, optimization);
- education in the agrifood sector;
- connecting regional supply and demand (short food supply chains, transport, forecasting);
- decreasing food loss and managing food waste (donating, new business models, re-routing, circular business models);
- food safety, storage, packaging;
- preservation of nature and resources.
Find out more and apply here.