- Planning and Programming – Elaboration of local and regional development plans: Regional Development Strategies and Plans (2000-2002, 2002-2005, 2004-2006, 2007-2013, 2014-2020, 2021-2027); Regional Action Plan for Education (2004-2006, 2007-2013); Regional Action Plan for Occupation (2004-2006, 2007-2013); Regional Action Plan for Waste Management (2007-2013); Regional Action Plan for Tourism (2007-2013); Regional Innovation Strategy (2008-2013) Smart Specialization Strategy of North-East Region (2014-2020).
- Project evaluation/assessment in the following fields: productive investments, human resources development, social services development, local and regional infrastructure, innovation, bilateral territorial cooperation (CBC-type) and technical assistance;
- Project and implementation system auditing (operational/regularity, performance and program management services audit);
- Management of communication: elaboration and implementation of communication plans, development of a communication tools portfolio, management of public relations, promoting and increasing the visibility of the agency and the region through the Representation Office in Brussels;
Projects development and management / partnerships establishment and coordination / international cooperation / technical assistance and service contracts:
- Encouraging partnerships creation and promotion of the region including through the agency’s Representation Office in Brussels.
According to Emergency Governmental Ordinance 122/2020, The North-East RDA will fulfill the role of Managing Authority for Regional Operational Program North-East 2021-2027, extending his responsibilities in programming and financial management of this program that will be financed with Euro 1.751 billion from ERDF and national budget.
The agency is member of S3 Platform for Industrial Modernisation – Innovative Textiles, Smart Water Territories and Personalized Medicine thematic partnerships, S3 Platform Agrofood, thematic partnership for High tech Agriculture and S3 Platform for Energy, thematic partnership for Bioenergy, Vanguard Initiative, Pilot Smart Health and Artificial Intelligence. North-East RDA is member of Advanced Manufacturing-KIC and Agrofood KIC. It is also member of ROREG (Romanian National Association of Development Agencies) and EURADA (European Association of Development Agencies), member of ERRIN, Dlearn – European Digital Learning Network, Europe Direct and Enterprise Europe Network.
ADR Nord-Est is the initiator of the first smart specialization strategy in Romania – RIS3 Nord-Est (2013), recognized by the North-East Regional Development Board, the Ministry of Development, Public Works and Administration and the European Commission (and integrated into the North-East Regional Development Plan) and coordinates its development together with local, public and private actors such as companies, universities – research and development centres, public administrations and civil society that are active members of the Regional Innovation Consortium (representatives of the academic and research environment, innovative enterprises, public authorities and civil society, with a role in approving and monitoring the RIS3 North-East) respectively the Academic Consultative Committee (consisting of representatives of the regional academic environment, whose main role is to support RDA in defining, revising and evaluating the RIS3 North-East).