MedBAN Call | Innovation, training and twin transition in the Blue Economy
30 March 2023
31 May 2023 23:59 (Brussels time)
Total funding available
The open call for Innovation, Training and Twin Transformation call (ITTT) aims to provide financial support to SMEs working in the blue economy to support their innovation and twin transformation. The SMEs should focus on adapting processes and technologies for a greener, more digital and resilient blue economy. Specifically, this call aims to contribute to tackling the multiple challenges identified by MedBAN in the Mediterranean Sea Basin.
In order to be eligible for funding in the “Innovation, training and twin transformation call (ITTT)” call for proposals, the applicants must:
- Be private entities which are considered SMEs, according to the definition of the EU recommendation 2003/361. In case of doubt, they are requested to do an SME self-assessment.
- The eligible applicants should have their headquarters in one of the eligible countries of the SMP COSME strand (EU-27, Liechtenstein, Iceland and Norway). In particular, the main target groups are SMEs from the Mediterranean, namely MedBAN partners’ countries (France, Greece, Italy, Portugal and Spain), but SMEs from all the eligible countries may apply without any disadvantage in the evaluation criteria.
- The applicant must be a single SME. Consortium applications are not eligible.
- The applications must be submitted in English.
- The applicants must submit all the mandatory documents listed in section 4.2 of the document 'Open Call for Proposals Cascading Grants for Innovation, Training and Twin Transformation call (ITTT) in Blue Economy' available in the MedBAN public folder.
Independently of its position in the value-chain (e.g., producer, technology and equipment and infrastructure provider, end-user, support service provider), applicant SMEs need to be active in at least one of the following sectors:
- Sustainable aquaculture;
- Sustainable fisheries;
- Sustainable tourism;
- Marine renewable energies.
The complete application procedure consists of the following elements:
- Application form (filled online in the F6S platform)
- Declaration of Honour – (template in the MedBAN Public Folder) (upload in F6S platform)
- Quotation of the service supplier (signed by the SMEs as a declaration of acceptance)