Save the date! EU-South MED Cluster Matchmaking Event & #TechDays, in the context of the EU-Africa Business Forum
The European Commission will organise the EU-South MED Cluster Matchmaking Event & #TechDays in the context of the 7th EU-Africa Business Forum. The event will be held virtually on 26-27 October 2020.
This will be the EU-funded European Cluster Collaboration Platform (ECCP) and THE NEXT SOCIETY’s first virtual matchmaking event!
The event will gather clusters, SMEs and policy makers from the EU (and non-EU COSME) countries and South MED countries with the aim of strengthening economic ties between these countries, the programme will focus on connecting actors wishing to pursue trade, investment and partnering opportunities.
The event will build on the successes of THE NEXT SOCIETY’s earlier actions on clusters and on the cluster matchmaking event organised jointly with the ECCP in April 2019 in Casablanca, Morocco.
A Call for Expression of Interest is now open, with a deadline of September 21st 2020 (23.59h CEST).
- Preparatory webinar – an opportunity to receive guidance on how to participate successfully in the planned event.
- Online Seminar on business and cluster cooperation opportunities between the EU (and non-EU COSME) countries and South MED countries.
- Virtual inter-cluster and inter-company pitching and matchmaking sessions between European clusters and clusters from Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine1, and Tunisia.
Dates and format:
The event will take place on 26th and 27th of October in the context of the 7th EU-Africa Business Forum that will be a major event bringing together European and African businesses and policy makers to foster business cooperation between the two continents.
- The matchmaking event will be held virtually due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The key focus areas for European clusters include sectors covered by the South MED participants:
- Agriculture and Food Industry
- Creative Industries and tourism
- Digital solutions
- Sustainable energy and greentech
- Transport and Mobility
1This designation shall not be construed as recognition of a State of Palestine and is without prejudice to the individual positions of the Member States on this issue.