Japanese Industry and Policy News: May 2020
The EU-Japan Centre May report of key developments in Japanese industry and government policy covers the following topics:LEGISLATION AND POLICY NEWS
- Japanese government lifted emergency declaration
- Japanese government formulates the second supplementary budget as an emergency economic measure
- the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) demonstrates trial to charge plastic bag
- COVID-19 has triggered discussions about changes from April to September enrollment
- Japan Patent Office (JPO) obtained its own patent for the first time
SURVEY AND BUSINESS DATA
- Preliminary figures released by the Cabinet Office for gross domestic product (GDP) for the first quarter (January to March) of 2020
- Trade statistics in April released by the Ministry of Finance
- Updates for the Japanese vehicles market from the Japan Vehicles Dealers Association (JADA)
- “COVID-19” related business failures
- the analysis results of the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare's "national survey for COVID-19 countermeasures"
Read more about this issue here.