A detailed look at the Recovery and Resilience Facility guidelines applied to the Mobility - Transport - Automotive ecosystem
Summary of the European Alliance Against Coronavirus Webinar on 12 October 2020
Morgan Guillou from DG GROW presented to the European Alliance Against Coronavirus the time frame for NextGenerationEU. The final vote on the RRF will be in January 2021 when the next MFF will be implemented. The deadline for submission of RRF plans by the Member States will be April 2021. 70% of the grants committed should be allocated in 2021-2022, the remaining 30% fully committed by the end of 2023. These plans should take the flagship areas of the RRF and the country-specific recommendations of the European Semester into account.
As the time frame is very short, stakeholders need to be involved along the way. The approach is demand-driven and we need tangible, evident-based projects. For the Mobility – Transport – Automotive ecosystem, the flagship are “Recharge and refuel” for sustainable transport and charging stations are of high interest. For the recovery, there is a clear focus on green and digital transformation, which can be translated to the Mobility – Transport – Automotive ecosystem into clean vehicles (batteries, hydrogen, future-proof technologies) and digital infrastructure (5G, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, consumer behaviour). The concrete investment tools will be defined by the Member States based on their situation.
- Country-specific recommendations of the European Semester: https://ec.europa.eu/info/publications/2020-european-semester-country-specific-recommendations-commission-recommendations_en
- National Energy and Climate Plans: https://ec.europa.eu/energy/topics/energy-strategy/national-energy-climate-plans_en
- Draft templates for Member States for recovery plans: https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/3_en_document_travail_service_part2_v3_en_0.pdf
A recording of the session is available here.
These are the presentations shown during the meeting:12OCt_EU Mobility Transport Automotive Ecosystem 12102020f (003) (1).pdf
Find information and recordings of previous meetings on the Role of Clusters in Accelerating the European Recovery (since September 2020) here. For European Alliance Against Coronavirus webinar summaries of March - July 2020, please follow this link.
Finally, please find information on the upcoming agenda here.