Call for applications for the Strategic Forum for Important Projects of Common European Interest
The European Commission has set up a Strategic Forum for Important Projects of Common European Interest (IPCEI). This Forum was announced in the Industrial Policy Strategy of 13 September 2017.
The Commission has now launched the Call for Applications for individuals and organisations wanting to take part in the Forum.
Applications should be sent by 16 March 2018 to [email protected]
Read more here.
The objectives of the Forum are to identify
- key value chains of strategic importance to Europe and
- joint investments by public authorities and industries from several EU countries which can make value chains more robust, in particular new IPCEIs
The Forum will have up to 50 members including
- national authorities
- other public entities
- individuals appointed in a personal capacity (type A)
- organisations representing academia, finance, industry, small and medium-sized enterprises, and employees (type C)
The call for applications is for type A and type C members.
The Forum’s tasks are:
- advising the Commission on key value chains in Europe that require joint, well-coordinated actions and investments by public authorities and industries from several EU countries
- helping the Commission build a common European vision for these value chains
- advising the Commission on IPCEIs needed in these value chains
- helping the Commission cooperate and coordinate between public authorities and stakeholders from several EU countries
- helping the Commission monitor progress, reporting on IPCEI-related bottlenecks and obstacles, and proposing solutions to overcome these obstacles
- advising the Commission on any accompanying measures necessary for the successful implementation of new IPCEIs
- advising the Commission on alternative solutions for promoting joint, well-coordinated investments in key value chains when an IPCEI is not feasible
The first meeting is foreseen for end of May 2018. The group will meet twice a year in Brussels.
If you have questions, please contact the Strategic Forum's Secretariat at [email protected]
Deadline for applications: 16 March 2018