Australia: The Industry Led-Growth Centre for mining launches new fund to support collaboration
To support innovation in mining equipment, technology and services (METS), the Industry-led Growth Centre of the Department of Industry Innovation and Science of the Australian Government, is launching its third round of funding to encourage Australian companies to innovate in the mining sector.
Projects must be collaborative and industry-led with clear commercialisation applications and address one of Australia’s key mining challenges:
- “Improving exploration for deep and remotely located minerals
- A deeper, continuously up-to-date, understanding of the resource base
- Boosting productivity and maintenance performance through analytics, connectivity and IoT
- Optimising material and equipment flow, towards a continuous mining and processing mindset
- Improving performance and reducing harm through mechanisation and automation
- Selective mining and processing to boost processing intensity
- Novel mining and processing addressing difficult and presently uneconomic orebodies (e.g. low-grade)
- Reducing mining's footprint including boosting safety and environmental performance and improving stakeholder relations.”
More information can be found on the official website.