30 national measures adopted under the Temporary Framework for State Aid measures of the European Commission
On 19 March 2020 the European Commission has adopted a Temporary Framework for State Aid measures to support the economy in the current COVID-19 outbreak. The Temporary Framework provides for five types of aid which can be granted by Member States:
- Direct grants, selective tax advantages and advance payments
- State guarantees for loans taken by companies from banks
- Subsidised public loans to companies
- Safeguards for banks that channel State Aid to the real economy
- Short-term export credit insurance
The Temporary Framework will be in place until the end of December 2020. With a view to ensuring legal certainty, the Commission will assess before that date if it needs to be extended.
More information on the temporary framework and other actions the Commission has taken to address the economic impact of the Coronavirus pandemic can be found here. © European Union, 1995-2020.