The role of Intellectual Property in the response to the COVID-19 crisis (14/05/20)
The immediate production of ventilators/face masks to protect the population from infection of COVID-19 has raised a series of questions on intellectual property (IP) rights.
We see cases where companies license their models - or even make it open source - and share it with others to produce the needed products. However, in other cases, companies are not willing to make their IP available to other people.
The European Alliance Against Coronavirus is talking with Amaryllis Verhoeven, Head of Intellectual Property Unit, DG GROW, about questions on IP:
- Which are legal possibilities to access existing IP?
- When can you invoke the possibility of compulsory license?
- Who do I have to address at national level?
- How can the European Union help?
- To which extent could patent pools help?
DOWNLOAD ALL THE MINUTES OF THE DAILY MEETINGSummary_webinar_Industrial Property (IP) issues triggered by the COVID-crisis_20200514.pdf