The European Commission organised the EU-Singapore Matchmaking Event 2022 in the context of the Industrial Transformation ASIA-PACIFIC (ITAP) which was held on 18-20 October 2022.
The EU-Singapore Matchmaking Event itself took place on-site in Singapore on 19 October 2022.
The European Commission and Enterprise Singapore (EnterpriseSG) jointly organised the event, with the support of the EU Delegation to Singapore and the Singapore Ministry of Trade and Industry and facilitated by the European Cluster Collaboration Platform (ECCP) and the Enterprise Europe Network (EEN).
Cluster organisations and SMEs from the European Union (EU), non-EU COSME countries, and Singapore participated in the event. It provided a unique opportunity to promote Cluster to Cluster (C2C), Cluster to Business (C2B) and Business to Business (B2B) exchanges between the participants.
The agenda is available here.
The overall objective of the event was to promote information exchange and networking opportunities for European cluster organisations and their members with counterparts from Singapore. The objectives for the participants included:
- Strengthening EU-Singapore cluster cooperation for the benefit of their members, including through a seminar, a cluster matchmaking event, and visits;
- Identifying potential areas of common interest for cooperation and synergies, in terms of the sectoral, value chain, and market focus of their SMEs and other companies;
- Through clusters, improving EU-Singapore industry and academia-industry collaboration in research, development, and innovation. For its members, the clusters were able to identify possible areas of RDI collaboration (academia, research organisations, industries...).
Call for Expression of Interest
Calls for Expression of Interest targeting cluster organisations and SMEs from the EU and non-EU COSME countries who wish to participate are now closed.
- Preparatory webinar "Market access information for the EU-Singapore Matchmaking Event" was held on 16 September – it was an opportunity to receive guidance on how to participate successfully in the planned event and acquaint future participants with the theme and business environment. Please find PPT presentations and recording from this webinar below, at the bottom of the page.
- Technical Webinar (30 September) – a webinar to help future participants with the practical aspects of the event. Please find the PPT presentation below, at the bottom of the page.
- Participation at the Industrial Transformation ASIA-PACIFIC (ITAP) event (free of charge)
- Seminar on knowledge exchange to foster EU-Singapore cooperation
- Matchmaking meetings between cluster organisations and SMEs from EU (and COSME) countries and Singapore
- Local visits
- Debriefing session to collect feedback from cluster participants.
The EU – Singapore Matchmaking Event took place on-site in Singapore. Participants were able to schedule their own meetings through the B2Match Platform. Selected European cluster organisations received financial support for travel from the European Commission.
- Consumer Goods Manufacturing
- Electrical & Electronics
- Food & Beverage
- Infrastructure & Facilities
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Oil & Gas
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology
- Urban Solutions
To find out more about the outcomes of the event, please read the news article.
The Input paper for this matchmaking event presents observations on Singapore’s economic structure, its cluster ecosystems, and initiatives that foster growth and innovation.
To download the paper, please scroll down to the attachments section below. (Please note you need to be logged in before the attachments are displayed).
In preparation for the Matchmaking event, a preparatory webinar was held on 16 September 2022 to offer participants a contextual background and overview of how to approach the matchmaking session.
A technical webinar was held on 30 September 2022 to help future participants with the practical aspects of the upcoming event.
▶️ EU-Singapore MME Event highlights:
▶️ Testimonials about MME and what are the next steps:
▶️ Challenges the clusters face and how the collaboration can help:
📸 Photo gallery
To download the presentations, please scroll down to the attachments section below. (Please note you need to be logged-in in order for the attachments to be displayed).
The participants list is available here.
The proceedings report is available here.