The European Union is working on the integration of Ukrainian businesses into the EU Single Market. In the past weeks, bilateral exchanges between Ukrainian and European clusters have shown that there are business opportunities for both sides, for example in the agri-food, construction, advanced manufacturing, or textile sectors. Ukrainian companies are looking for new orders and business opportunities and could be interesting partners for the European industry.
In this context, the European Cluster Collaboration Platform, on behalf of the European Commission, DG GROW, organised the EU Clusters Talk “Ukraine: business challenges, opportunities, & the EU Single Market” on 8 June 2022, 8:30-10:30 CET, to speak about the actions from the European Commission to integrate Ukrainian businesses into the EU Single Market, hear about the capacities of the Ukrainian industry from Ukrainian representatives themselves, and look at the impact of the war on Ukrainian social enterprises and their actions to support civil society and local businesses.
We welcomed as speakers:
- Maive Rute, Deputy Director General and head of the Task Force for Supply Chains at Directorate General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs (DG GROW), European Commission
- Taras Holub, Advisor to Vice Prime Minister for European and Euro-Atlantic Integration, Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine
- Oleskandr Vasylchuk, Deputy Head of the Entrepreneurship Development Support Division, Ministry of Economy of Ukraine
- Witold Radwanski, The Citizenship Congress
- Alexandre Yurchak, Ukrainian Cluster Alliance
- Olga Trofymova, Ukrainian Cluster Alliance
- Olena Fesenko, Enterprise Europe Network Ukraine
- Marta Gladka, Urban Space 100
- Petro Darmoris, Ukrainian Social Academy
Watch the Talk again here:
Please find below a summary of this EU Clusters Talk which includes the key takeaways from the session. Please note, you must be logged in to your ECCP account to access this summary.
EU Clusters Talks: The bi-weekly meeting point for the cluster community
The European Cluster Collaboration Platform invites the cluster community to a regular online meeting to discuss up-to-date insights into the latest industrial policies and cluster activities, cluster knowledge, best practices, the latest ECCP news, and funding opportunities.
The EU Clusters Talks take place every two weeks. Information on the next Talks will be published on the website – stay tuned for more!
Location and date