As part of the Advanced Technologies for Industry (ATI) project, the European Commission is organising a workshop on ‘Advanced Technology Policies for Green and Circular Industry’. The workshop will take place on 10 February (10:00 CET).
The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated technological and digital transformation, and also strengthened efforts towards a green transition and the further development of circular economy business models. Beyond delivering solutions to short term economic problems, good coordination between digital and circular economy policies should be ensured at all levels.
In light of this, the webinar will consider:
- how policymakers should foster the shift to circular economy, in which advanced and digital technologies play a key role;
- how the digital transformation can respect the environment;
- how industrial recovery policies should realise a green, climate resilient economy in the short and longer terms.
In this context, the objective of the webinar is to:
- present national and regional policy initiatives that couple circular economy and advanced technology/digital policies (e.g. related to energy efficient data centres, green cloud computing, intelligent machinery, AI for sustainability);
- discuss the results of the ATI project so far and how it can better monitor advanced technologies for green industry in the future.
The event will be part of the EU Circular Talks of the European Circular Economy Stakeholder Platform, and discussions will be continued on this forum.
You can confirm your availability to attend this workshop by registering here.
This event is organised on behalf of European Commission’s DG GROW and the Executive Agency for Small and Medium sized Enterprises, in collaboration with ACLIMA Basque Environment Cluster (co-host), the European Commission’s DG Environment and the European Economic and Social Committee.