Europe is facing an ever-growing skills gap that risks to slow down future growth and exasperate social disparities.
This calls for a large-scale response to upskill and/or reskill the European workforce. How can Europe successfully scale-up best practices and fund this massive effort? Over two days, in two different locations, a high-level conference will address these issues. Following the EU Industry Days 2019, this event will convene business executives, policy makers, academics and education and training stakeholders to foster dialogue as well as to agree on priorities and concrete measures, in order to facilitate the implementation of upskilling strategies.
Day 1: Vision and solutions for a massive skills upgrade of the European workforce
· Grasp the transformation of EU industries and its impact on skills: speed of change, major opportunities, challenges and policy issues;
· Define a vision for a skills for industry strategy 2030 to turn Europe into a world-leading centre of excellence for skills;
· Bridge the skills gap: education & training responding to the needs of the labour market;
· A dialogue between business and political leaders on concrete measures for Europe based on identified best practices.
Day 2: Mobilising funding programmes and incentives to scale-up best practices
· Understand the current funding landscape;
· Define new innovative financing models dedicated for skills;
· Scaling-up best practices at European level;
· Future funding perspectives in the upcoming multi-financial framework (2021-2027).
To register and find out more about the event, please visit the webpage of the conference: http://skills4industry.eu.