Intellectual property and the search for COVID-19 vaccine
COVID-19 continues to pose a significant threat to individuals and the world economy and finding a cure is one of the most crucial health interventions to tackle the crisis.
As pharmaceutical companies and health experts strive to find a COVID-19 vaccine, several factors that will affect its development, production, and distribution should be taken into consideration. One of these factors is health intellectual property.
At this webinar organized by the European Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines and South-East Asia IPR SME Helpdesk, entitled “Intellectual Property and the Search for COVID-19 Vaccine” on 19 August, we will be talking about:
- Overview of COVID-19 in the Philippines and the region;
- How Intellectual Property (IP) affects the healthcare sector;
- Updates in the search for vaccine and treatment for the coronavirus disease 2019;
- IP rights in drugs and medicines, with focus on vaccines/research and development of vaccines;
- Ownership of IP rights in vaccines;
- Issues in IP management/licensing of vaccines, including compulsory licensing.
- Atty Edmund Baranda, Rouse & SEA IPR SME Helpdesk
- Atty Amormio “Mon” Santiago, Roche (Philippines) Inc.
Register for this webinar here.
Content available soon