The past three years have been dominated by the covid pandemic. While clusters have been very active in finding solutions to the challenges provoked by the pandemic, we need to discuss our crisis preparedness, how the health ecosystem has changed to face future health crises, and what the current challenges for innovation in this ecosystem are.
In this context, the European Cluster Collaboration Platform, on behalf of the European Commission, DG GROW, organised the EU Clusters Talk “Health in Europe: Where does our ecosystem stand?” on 8 February 2023, 8:30 – 9:45 CET, to explore the activities of the Health Emergency Response Authority (HERA), discuss the development of the health ecosystem, and learn about current problems that clusters and their members are struggling with.
Speakers at this EU Clusters Talks included:
- Elodie Durand, Policy Officer - Medical Counter Measures, HERA, European Commission;
- Chiara Orlandi, Policy Officer – Medical Devices, DG SANTE, European Commission;
- Max Pöhlmann, Project & Cluster Manager, BioM Biotech Cluster Development;
- Michael Kerschbaumer, Project Manager “Innovation“, SFG Steirische Wirtschaftsförderungsgesellschaft;
- Montserrat Daban, Director of Science Policy and Internationalisation, Biocat.
This event is part of bi-weekly online meetings brought to the cluster community by the European Cluster Collaboration Platform. They offer up-to-date insights into the latest industrial policies and clusters’ involvement, projects, and best practices, the latest ECCP news, and funding opportunities. The EU Clusters Talks are a space to exchange knowledge and to discuss cluster-relevant topics, which will change with every meeting.
Read more in the event summary and download the slides here.
The full recording of the webinar is available here.
Location and date