Industrial Symbiosis (IS) represents a powerful tool to help the EU reach its carbon-neutral ambitions. It is only when companies identify real savings on material costs that IS partnerships will become a strategic choice for many businesses, however.
A virtual event held on 23 February (9:00-13:00 CET) will showcase the CircLean Network as a concrete opportunity to unleash the potential of industrial symbiosis for European businesses.
The CircLean Network, launched by DG GROW and funded by the European Parliament, supports the set-up and pilot phase of an innovative, entirely industry-led network of businesses and SMEs that aims to seize industrial symbiosis business opportunities.
The objectives of the event are to:
- Promote the CircLean network as an opportunity for businesses, public authorities, partnerships and business associations to develop a common methodology;
- Increase businesses’ competitiveness, foster green growth and eco-innovation, and support the shift to circular economy models;
- Inspire stakeholders to join the CircLean Network.
The virtual event will be highly interactive. It will open with a presentation on CircLean’s main ambitions and the potential of IS, followed by testimonials from selected members on their reasons for joining the network.
A roundtable of speakers on the importance of Industrial Symbiosis for the European Green Deal and an interactive discussion will follow.
Speakers from the European Resource Efficiency Knowledge Centre (EREK) include:
- Ioannis Antonopoulos and Pierre Gaudillat, Joint Research Centre at the European Commission
- Philippe Micheaux-Naudet, Director Network and Members Development, ACR+
Find the agenda and speakers here.