- Organise a proper "Open Space" for cross-sectoral fertilisation to support a rapid development of the emerging Connected Car Industry (CCI) in Europe.
- Discovering and supporting a portfolio of 70 disruptors of the CCI
- Drive an innovative Smartization programme for the SMEs selected which will be organised in three main stages: a ‘1st Stage. Discovery Boot Camp’, a ‘2nd Stage. Ignition Plan’, and a ‘3rd Stage. Product/process/method Development’
- Strongly support the formal creation of new value chains around the Connected Car emerging industry.
- Become the leading Europe's community of the Connected Car and also an instrument to speed up the smart reindustrialisation of the EU industries which might be mainstreamed to other regions/sectors
Sectoral/industrial focus: Connected Car, Automobile, ICT, Advanced Manufacturing, IoT, Road Infrastructures
Executive Summary (describing the activities, milestones, etc.)
<IMPACT> Connected Car will fund 2 European Superstars and 64 Disruptive SMEs in the Connected Car OpenSpace by 5 European Cluster and 2 global ecosystems with the support of 10 Global Corporations and 5 pioneering startups. An acceleration and smartization virtuous cycle methodology in the OpenSpace with vehicle, infrastructure and device & TelCo interactions and consumer & business services across 6 industrial value chains (Mobility, Automotive, Electronics, ICT, Services and Infrastructure) will lead to Value Link-Chains.
The <IMPACT> Connected Car consortium consists of CTAG, Mov´eo, INSERO, MSAK and LPMT as Gold+ clusters and PSA Citröen, Ferrovial and FIWARE Foundation (Telefonica, Orange and Atos) as Corporations; Mobile World Capital as the world´s best digital event out of Barcelona; ISDI as the world´s first native digital Business School; and FundingBox as the European leading platform for SMEs funding will guarantee excellent implementation. FIA Region 1 out of Brussels leverages the OpenSpace to a LivingLab with 112 Mobility Clubs and 38 Million of drivers. Argus, Hevo, Botcar and Little are the pioneering connected car startups that will collaborate in the disruption discovery process. PARP, the Polish Agency for SME Development and 19 regional ecosystems will ensure the Connected Car OpenSpace is aligned with ESIF and Smart Specialization to guarantee sustainability across the territories.
Beyond the 4 million euro support for the SMEs within the project, <IMPACT> Connected Car will seek private funding of 1 million euros and 1 million euros of mobilized ESIF. For this purpose, the “<IMPACT> Connected Car Excellence Label” will be instrumental.
<IMPACT> Connected Car will demonstrate that public clusterization and disruption discovery with key Innovation actors (SMEs) and proper corporate engagement develops Emerging Industries and builds the EU of "entrepreneurial states”.
- 4.000 active members in C-Car hubs network. JOIN US! https://impactconnectedcar.fundingbox.com/
- 4 pioneer use-cases developed in the project
- 2 Open Calls (batches) awarding 64 disruptive SMEs + 2 awards and with €2,1Million available distributed
- 35,500 SMEs directly reached
- 12 SMEs signing ‘partnership agreements’ with rooted companies (e.g. 4 per open call batch)
- 100 <IMPACT> Connected Car ‘Disruptors Label’ given to get link with ESIF mobilisation at Regional level