Summary and objectives
The aim of SPACE2IDGO is to implement the international business development action plan as defined during the SPACE2ID (Space Clusters International Industrial Diversification) project, the very first structured action for Space Service Providers and Application Developers to directly address the huge economic potential of several industrial sectors, carefully selected at European and International level with a clear “market pull” orientation.
During Space2ID, a consortium of clusters from across Europe came together to analyse market potential at European and International level and define concrete actions to underpin and take forward the internationalisation of Space Service Providers and Application Developers.
Building on this momentum, the SPACE2IDGO project now consolidates the consortium’s ambitions to go international stronger and faster with a series of concrete actions. The 3 high-level objectives are as follows:
- To propose an innovative support towards SMEs willing to go international
- To diffuse the added value of space data in MELCA value chains
- To develop business between European SMEs and new abroad partners/customers
The project brings together 9 European clusters, 5 of which are active in the space industry, 4 which are active MELCA sectors and Aerospace Valley which is active in both.
- Mobility (transportation of people),
- Logistics (transportation of goods),
- Creative industries (design, entertainment),
5 countries have been identified as the top market priorities of the Partnership for the above MELCA sectors: China, the United Arab Emirates, Canada, Colombia and Chile.
The objective of the SPACE2IDGO project is now to enter these 5 priority markets with various actions.
- In China, mobility, logistics and creative industries sectors will receive the export efforts of the Partnership.
- In the United Arab Emirates, target markets are those of mobility, logistics and agriculture sectors.
- In Canada mobility and logistics have been found to be the most prominent sectors.
- In Colombia and Chile, energy and agriculture sectors were found to be the target markets with the highest potential among project clusters.