Summary and objectives
SPACE2ID (Space Clusters International Industrial Diversification) aims to be the very first structured action for Space Service Providers and Application Developers to directly address the huge economic potential of several industrial sectors, carefully selected at European and International level with a clear “market pull” orientation.
The main objective of SPACE2ID is to create a sustainable ESCP (European Strategic Cluster Partnership) between European Space Clusters and other key European business clusters, referred to hereafter as MELCA clusters, from their areas of operation:
1) Mobility (i.e., transport of people)
3) Logistics (i.e., transport of goods)
4) Creative Industries (i.e., design, games and music)
European space clusters strongly believe that an important growth potential lies in these MELCA sectors where new value chains are expected to be developed at global scale. Information technologies, combined to Space data are key assets for the evolution of these business. In this context, the ambition of SPACE2ID is to accelerate this evolution by finding, in each of the MELCA secotrs, the most apropriate value chain segments where space data can be a major breakthrough.
The collaborations and products that will stem from this diversification process are particularly adapted to countries in which the ground infrastructures are not developed enough to allow these services to be provided by traditional ways. Therefore, the potential for the European space services industry to grow is based on its capability to export, especially towards developping countries. Nevertheless, in those relatively new domains, the companies are generally small to be able to deploy significant commercial actions abroad and obtain knowledge from the “end-users” needs at international level.
The high-level objectives of SPACE2ID are therefore:
1) To study the international markets and opportunities of downstream space technologies applications in the MELCA sectors.
2) To identify all European and international stakeholders and analyse the related new value chains.
3) To draft a 5-year internationalization plan in order to reach Europe’s full potential in downstream space technologies in the MELCA sectors and support the Europe GO International strategy.