Summary and objectives
The PIMAP Partnership has been set up to support clusters, their SMEs and other regional ecosystem actors to ensure key enabling technologies (KETs) such as photonics and more conventional but essential technologies such as microwave can be mobilised to support Smart Manufacturing and related industrial applications in some of Europe’s key industrial sectors. This cross sectoral activity will drive the industrial modernisation process in Europe and will provide a springboard for cluster SMEs and promote European growth and innovation objectives through internationalisation support programmes. The partnership actions can, in addition, be mobilised to support regional industrial modernisation actions through the leverage of photonic and microwave technologies in key emerging industries. The PIMAP partnership will seek to ensure and strengthen the connection between internationalisation and innovation, as the development of new innovative technologies is crucial for the success of the action.
The Specific Project Objectives that will be delivered by PIMAP are described below:
- Defining the thematic areas and value chains that may offer the greatest potential for cross sectoral collaboration between Photonics and Advanced Manufacturing technologies and Industrial Applications. The international market trends of the key domains will be examined individually to position, within each sector, targeted applications.
- Identify the SME needs to support cross border collaboration and internationalisation and review previous cluster internationalisation support actions and good practices.
- Focusing and testing with two targeted countries (USA/Canada) that may offer the greater potential for the exploitation and deployment of Photonic enabled industrial applications including the identification of the relevant local actors and partners.Additionally, identify other potential third countries targets with market potential.
- Testing the PIMAP market positioning through the organization of two Third Country Missions and through reinforced European level inter-regional collaboration.
- Finding the complementarities between the cluster members/SMEs and systems integrators to present complete and consolidated PIMAP value chains and assessing the export potential based on the long-term plans and internal capabilities to perform exports.
- Reinforcing the positioning of Photonics led cross fertilisation into the regional development schemes and influence regional policy makers and related stakeholders regarding the Smart Specialisation Strategies and Industrial Modernisation policies.
- Elaboration of a comprehensive KPI performance monitoring system.
- Collaborating with other programmes and actors dealing with SMEs international and business deployment end.
- Implementation of an innovative communication strategy that puts the SMEs at the heart of the process and gives a high prominence to the ECCP Platform. Actively disseminate the PIMAP project and best practices for SME internationalisation support and cross-border inter-cluster collaboration.
- Strengthening the action of the PIMAP ESCP with the creation of a partnership agreement that will give a legal framework to the action plan implementation.
- Building a roadmap for short and mid-term actions to be undertaken in the internationalisation plan, including the identification of new cluster partners and country targets.
- Implementation of PIMAP visual identity and branding as part of the project sustainability actions.