Summary and objectives
The COSMENERG-4i partnership is committed to foster international networking and collaboration and to actively engage in globally competitive value chain development in the emerging industries of eco-, bio-energy, renewable energy and environmental technologies to enhance the technological transfer from environmentally destructive business processes to a green economy at European level and beyond, with a view to support growth, jobs and investment in Europe.
The overall objective of COSMENERG-4i partnership is to establish a joint internationalisation service package (CE-ME-ASEAN), including the use of an online networking platform for cluster members (SMEs) that is continuously provided to members with businesses viable for internationalisation through the collaboration network of the partnership in the target markets (ASEAN and the Middle East countries). The service will be available to all partnership cluster members and other European SMEs operating in the emerging industries of eco-, bio-energy, renewable energy and environmental technologies through e-registration.
Towards a European Strategic Cluster Partnership - Going International (ESCP-4i), the COSMENERG-4i partnership serves the following specific objectives:
- Creating a basis for joint internationalisation and promotional activities through a common identity: joint communication/ marketing and branding strategy (CE-ME-ASEAN) building on the jointly developed intelligence available (SME members need analyses, value chain and market analyses, joint consortium strategy, market trends and opportunities by the European Cluster Observatory).
- Reinforcing cluster collaboration in order to support the internationalisation of cluster members (SMEs) in the target (eco- and bio) energy, renewable energy and environmental technologies markets: Southeast Asia - ASEAN region (Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia) and the Middle East (Israel, Jordan, Qatar, United Arab Emirates) through integrating internationalisation potentials at COSMENERG-4i partnership level and substantiating them with appropriate funding (cluster resources, national and EU funding).
- Building on the already existing relations in the target markets, establising long-term strategic collaboration partnerships and agreements for promoting cluster members' joint, cross-border, innovation and global value chain development activities, trade and investment opportunities.
- Providing SMEs of the (eco- and bio) energy, renewable energy and environmental technologies (emerging industry) with concrete opportunities for internationalisation (through training, networking events, joint business initiatives, B2B meetings, business matchmaking events, joint technology and investment forums) and integrating them into globally competitive value chains.
- Fostering and generating joint research and innovation and/ or business projects with selected partners from the target markets in order to provide COSMENERG-4i partnership members (SMEs) with sustainable, innovative internationalisation cluster services through common business platform, newsletters, representation at regular business events in the target markets.
COSMENERG CLUSTER EXCELLENCE
Partnership other activities
- Development of CE-ME-ASEAN internationalisation service package
- Development of online platform
- Participating in C2C and B2B meetings with clusters and SME members
- Generating joint projects of the partnership and participating SME members
- Undertaking fact-finding missions to the target regions and countries