Summary and objectives
The main objective of the proposed action is to establish and sustain after the end of action planned in this project a Food In Eco Network (FoodNet), an EU wide meta-cluster as a long term European Strategic Cluster Partnership-Going International (ESCP-4i) supporting clusters and business network organisations, their SMEs and other cluster members collaborating for innovation, market-uptake, and marketing of competitive products, services and technologies in the field of food and eco-logistics and support SMEs in global competition. Activities planned will closely follow the foreseen activities of the Strand 1 of the call.
The project will address current needs in the area of cooperation and improving green behaviour in supply chain of food clusters and other industry clusters. Agro-Food is key industry for societies around the world. The quality and safety of food products seems to be the crucial issue. To achieve this we need to have an effective network oriented on long-term goals and supported by good logistics system.
There are four main pillars of the project:
- Cooperation between SMEs in food market clusters (enhance their capability to be more competitive on the market including developing countries markets).
- Cooperation between clusters to improve business processes and learn from new business models with an interdisciplinary approach. Food companies will gather the knowledge how to manage their supply-chain processes in more effective way thanks to the cooperation with different clusters. The cooperation will results in building solid partnership and bring added value to the all participants.
- Eco-management. Network will be also aimed at lowering negative impact on environment. It will be possible by knowledge sharing (soft-skills improvement) and technological potential of SMEs from clusters.
- Going to the excellence by knowledge –sharing with new market partners. Added value arises not only by getting the knowledge how to manage the processes and cooperate but also by know-how transferred to the developing countries.
Partnership other activities
- Project management.
- Communication Activities.
- Formulating and structuring interests of SMEs and the Cluster.
- Elaboration of an Internationalization Strategy plan for FoodNet.
- Local trainings for clusters.
- Organisation and funding of the FoodNet.
- 1st FoodNet conference and Food in Eco Network set-up.
- Good practices and further analysis of FoodNet possibilities.
- Roadmap preparation.
- 2nd FoodNet conference.