ConnectEO follows a previously completed Strand 1b project, IDEEO, in which 6 countries were assessed for the potential uptake of European maritime and agriculture EO services. ConnectEO aims to realise the implementation plans developed under that COSME co-funded project. ConnectEO aims to promote and foster market access between the European Earth Observation SMEs and two target countries Australia and Chile.
The project will focus on the use of EO addressing business opportunities and key socio-economic/environmental challenges in the maritime and agricultural sectors
- Participate in European events promoting the learning and monitoring activities carried out by different partnerships
- Organise workshops together with the aforementioned matchmaking events
- B-toB meetings with stakeholders and European SMEs
These plans will be realised focusing on three key initiatives initiatives:
- a Back Office - preparation of companies through provision supporting information on e.g. legal/cultural aspects of the target markets;
- Trade Missions – facilitating the creation of meaningful personal relationships on which successful partnerships are built
- and a Front Office pilot - a dedicated physical presence in Australia to identify business ‘on-the-ground’, with a view to a dedicated sales pipeline in the long term.
A focused approach to international market development is required to realise these objectives; the consortium, the target sectors and target countries has been strictly limited to ensure that sufficient resources are available to deliver a complete follow-through and realisation of the potential benefits of EO services for both the citizens in the target countries and European EO companies.
|Name||Sector/Technology fields||Country||Regions||Total no. of members||Total no. of SME|
Precision agriculture, Food Additives/Ingredients/Functional Food
Agricultural services›Crop & animal production, hunting &related service activities, Manufacturing & Industry›Food, beverage & tobacco products
|European Association of Remote Sensing Companies (EARSC)||
Aerospace Vehicles and Defence, Information Technology and Analytical Instruments
Precision agriculture, Energy management
Aeronautics & space›Aeronautics & environment, Aeronautics & space›Space
Blue Growth Industries, Digital Industries
|Belgium||Région de Bruxelles-Capitale/Brussels Hoofdstedelijk Gewest||90||80|
|Pôle Mer Bretagne Atlantique||
Environmental Services, Fishing and Fishing Products
Marine Science, Wind energy
Blue growth›Aquaculture, Blue growth›Blue renewable energy
Blue Growth Industries, Environmental Industries