Are you ready to enter URBAN TECH Programme?
Propose your solution to URBAN TECH Challenges!
By applying to URBAN TECH Open Call, you may enter URBAN TECH Programme which will provide up to 54.350 EUR per SME or start-up in different funding stages.
SMEs or start-ups entering URBAN TECH programme will develop a new or significantly improved service or product that addresses one of the URBAN TECH challenges.
Deadline: the Open Call will be open from 22 June 2022 until 28 September 2022 (deadline extended!!)
Announcement of winners: by 31 October 2022.
Who can apply?
- SMEs and start-ups with legal entity based in European Union countries or H2020 associated countries or the UK. Eligible countries are listed in the Annex 1 of the H2020 Work Programme 2018-2020.
- Start-up and scale-up SME companies should meet the following criteria:
- 1-250 employees (minimum requirement is to have at least one full-time employee)
- <50M EUR turnover annually
- Independent commercial company, which is developing or commercializing an innovative product, service or business model with high market potential
- The company is not in a liquidation or bankruptcy process
- SMEs based in or having an affiliation in Russia or Belarus are NOT eligible to apply.
How to apply?
Visit URBAN TECH Virtual Library of Challenges
Select one or more Challenge, there are 310 of them!
Provide a solution to the selected Challenge and Apply!
How will we evaluate your proposal?
Proposal evaluation will start with eligibility check of the application, that will include the completeness of the submitted applications and preliminary check of the profile of the applicants.
Applications positively passing the eligibility check will be submitted to an International Selection Committee consisting of experts of the three thematic areas (Greentech, Smart City, Health Tech).
Selection criteria for the International Selection Committee are as follows:
Novelty (scientific and/or technological excellence, cross-industry, cross-sector and cross-national dimension) – 1/3 share
Business potential (market need, business development potential, market impact, team skills & experience) – 1/3 share
Technical/scientific match (fit with the challenge, implementation) – 1/3 share
Each criterium will be awarded a score of 1-10 and each Selection Committee members and Challenge Owners will be able to give one score per criterium, so a total of 30 scores per committee member and per Challenge Owner will be available.
How many applicants will be selected to attend Hackathons?
320 applicants will be selected and invited to attend Hackathons.
The 160 best ranked applications out of the 320 selected ones will receive Travel Voucher.