Name & description
- Transylvanian Furniture Cluster - Innovative Cluster of European Interest (national framework - Programul Operational Competitivitae)
The main objective of the project is the creation of two laboratories for the analysis of critical and advanced materials and technologies with applicability in the furniture industry, in partnership with cluster member companies. Also, the project has an internationalization component in order to increase the cluster visibility both at the national and international levels.
- Learn2Do4Entrepreneurship (national framework - Programul Operational Capital Uman)
The goal of the project is to develop entrepreneurial skills and support business initiatives by promoting entrepreneurial culture in the Northwest region, ensuring access to integrated counseling, support for business initiation, assistance, mentoring, and training.
The main objectives of the project are: Enhance the entrepreneurial and innovative spirit of the North-West region by developing the entrepreneurial and managerial skills of 440 people who want to set up a self-employed activity by taking part in entrepreneurial training courses; Promote an entrepreneurial culture in the Northwest region through information campaigns aimed at raising awareness of existing opportunities in the field of entrepreneurship; Encourage entrepreneurship by providing financial support to promote a minimum of 49 businesses and support services to ensure business development.
- Developing Transylvanian Furniture Cluster through research and innovation services (national framework - PNCDI III)
The aim of the project is to ensure the cluster's sustainability by developing the management capability of cluster-based RDI projects, as well as by developing a new cluster-based product (static-dynamic chair) and by providing support services for the internationalization of its members.
The specific objectives, which contribute to the achievement of the general goal are 1. Development of strategic planning and action documents for RDI components and internationalization. 2.Development and documenting of an RDI pilot project (in partnership and under EMC coordination), which aims at developing a new, static-dynamic office chair.3.Developing a new cluster service, RDI project management, to support the innovation capacity of members and to ensure the sustainability of the structure. In order to achieve the objectives and expected results of the application, three major categories of activities will be developed: Development of strategic planning documents, Development of a new static-dynamic office chair product in an RDI pilot project, and Dissemination of the project results.
- Cluj Future of Work (Urban Innovation Action)
The project takes 5 innovative tracks:
1. It promotes “smart specialization”, aiming to make creative-based
industries – one of the new competitive advantages of the city- and related knowledge-intensive business services (KIBS) services more competitive and engaged in societal change.
2. It enables the transition to work 4.0, providing training and skills development for the work of today and tomorrow, especially for work cycles under high risk of automation.
3. It re-imagines work, connected to both social values and technical potential.
4. It is an instrument to improve the spatial conditions of the local economy, through the regeneration of the CREIC area by transforming it into a knowledge-based new part of the city.
5. It introduces experimentations for systematic changes for local value-added chains and the new social contract governing the future of work.
CMT through its research directions within the field Eco-Nano-Advanced Technologies and Materials will contribute to “smart specialization” concept promoted by Cluj Future of Work project, being involved actively, through its projects, in the development of human resources so that the workforce within the cluster should be adapted to the dynamics of intelligence specialization areas, encouraging at the same time the development of entrepreneurship within and outside the cluster.
Better Factory | Grow your manufacturing business
Better Factory invites Small and Medium-sized Manufacturers (SMEs) to redesign their current product portfolio together with Business and Arts mentors and Technology experts. Manufacturers can tap into disruptive product innovation that responds to new market demands while keeping production resources optimal with RAMP IoT platform.
INTRIDE – Soft, Digital and Green Skills for Smart Designers: Designers as Innovative Triggers for SMEs in the manufacturing sector.
In INTRIDE we are leading the creation of a strong link and continuous interaction among HEIs (Higher Education Institutions), industry and intermediaries by developing a joint curriculum of the designer with soft, digital and green skills conceived as innovation trigger in activating innovation processes and managing the collaboration eco-system.