Representation of the triple helix in CTA
Technological Corporation of Andalusia (CTA) is a public-private partnership made up of more than 165 companies to promote innovation and technology transfer. For 15 years, CTA has been supporting R&D activities through financing, mentoring and cooperation with main Andalusian stakeholders, emerging as a singular multi-sectorial innovation cluster and bringing together the forces of public administration, companies and academia. More than 670 R&D business projects have been funded by CTA with more than €M168.
The highest governing body of CTA, the Board of Trustees, is made up of representatives of the triple helix:
- President: Mr. Francisco Mochón Morcillo
- Secretary: Mr. Ricardo Astorga Morano
- Representatives of member companies
- 7 members representing the PAIDI groups (Andalusian R&D and Innovation Plan) of Andalusian universities
- 3 representatives of Universities and Research Centers
- The president of the Andalusian Agency for Innovation and Development (Regional Government of Andalusia)
- The director of the Andalusian Knowledge Agency (Regional Government of Andalusia)
- CTA is a strategic alliance for innovation which is open to companies throughout Andalusia.
- We help our member companies to successfully plan an overall strategy for innovation.
- We are specialists in technology transfer and the evaluation and financing of R&D.
- We have experience in promoting transverse projects which are based on the six sectors of maximum strategic importance for the Andalusian economy: Aerospace and Production Processes, Agri-food, Biotechnology, Construction and Civil Engineering, Energy and the Environment and ICT.
- We have successfully pioneered our own unique model for the transfer and development of regional innovation.
CTA has established itself as a leading partner in numerous European projects; it has taken part in various initiatives as part of the H2020 Programme, COSME, Interreg, ERANET and CIP. CTA has taken part in these projects:
- ICT Biochain
- ICT AGRI FOOD
- P2P finBIO
CTA staff has acquired the competences and capabilities needed to provide differential innovation services pointed to meet needs in countries that are in the process of building their R&D system, in which new collaboration opportunities in the multilateral market arise.
CTA belongs to the Andalusia’s Multilateral Club, an initiative of EXTENDA, the Internationalisation and Export Promotion Agency of the Regional Government of Andalusia (Spain).
Currently, CTA has multilateral projects in Peru, Costa Rica and El Salvador.
Business Development Manager
negocio [at] corporaciontecnologica.com