Tampere Region Safety and Security Cluster
Tampere region represents a diverse set of competences provided by different actors
- There are more than 250 organisations related to safety and security in the region.
- Organizations with national level responsibilities such as Police University College, National Technical Research Centre VTT, Finnish Safety and Chemicals Agency Tukes and Finnish Defence Forces.
- Universities cater for needs of diverse set of industries and sectors providing good availability of competent workforce and opportunities for R&D collaboration.
Tampere Region Safety and Security Cluster has been in operation since 2011 - it provides easy access to local ecosystem.
We can help you with
- Finding business or research partners in the region.
- Finding collaboration opportunities for international projects in the region, including academia, authorities, companies, and for example city as a testbed/platform.
- Support for Foreign Direct Investment (through our host organisation Business Tampere)
- Support for seeking regional and national funding (through our host organisation Business Tampere)
While the Safety and Security know-how comprises of many sectors, there are specific themes where Tampere region is particularly strong in:
- Safety and security research, development and education, spanning multitude of sectors
- Cyber security, spanning multitude of sectors
- Industrial safety and security
- Defence, safety and security of society
- Built environment, safety and security of communities.
The overall goal of the cluster is to contribute to safe and secure region and world.
- Strengthen the Region as nationally and internationally recognised concentration of Safety and Security knowledge actively operating in national and international networks.
- Support enterprises in the Region to become even more important suppliers of safety and security solutions in Finland and abroad.
Specifically the cluster comprises an innovation ecosystem with the target of
- Advancing sustainable development and safety and security of mankind.
- Identifying in the operating environment key regional challenges and key competences to formulate development projects.
- Supporting research and business collaboration between cluster members.
- Distributing information on competences and know-how of the member organisations to enable creation of innovative safety and security solutions and improvements to safety and security.
- Developing the cluster to a nationally and internationally recognised concentration of safety and security knowledge.
- Helping forward cluster members to achieve their aspirations and help the development of the know-how of the cluster members.
Understanding that the scope of the cluster spans various sectors and requires specific competences to take forward each of the goals, the operational tasks of the cluster have been divided between three organisations
- Cluster leadership, communications, marketing, business development and events - Business Tampere
- Contact person: Petri Nykänen (https://businesstampere.com/?person=petri-nykanen-2)
- Research and education development - Tampere University
- Contact person: Risto Honkonen (https://www.tuni.fi/en/risto-honkonen)
- National and international networks and regional promotion - Council of Tampere region
- Contact persons: Marko Mäkinen and Mikko Koponen (https://www.pirkanmaa.fi/yhteystiedot/)
Established - 28 October 2011
Staff in the management team - 1-5
4Research Organisations, Universities, Technology Centers
6Number of civil society members
13Other Ecosystem Actors
Examples of training materials
- Safety and Security Research Symposium (September) - https://sites.tuni.fi/safety-and-security-cluster/symposium/
- Horizon Europe Call Info (March) - https://sites.tuni.fi/turvallisuusklusteri/tapahtuma/3271/
In addition to thematic/information webinars and networking events, the cluster has some events that are only available to the members:
- Management group meetings (January, April, September)
- Annual Members' meeting (February)
The cluster distributes a newsletter and provides a safety and security network for members and beyond on regional digital platform (https://www.tamperebusinesscommunity.com/).
Membership in cluster networks, meta clusters and national associations of clusters
|Profile name||Location||Network type|
Membership in Cluster Partnerships or initiatives
|Tampere Region Safety and Security Cluster||
Latest news and documents
There is no uploaded content...