Read DG GROW's guide for funding available for tourism businesses
Are you wondering what EU funding is available for tourism businesses?
In 2020, the EU introduced a stimulus package worth €2.018 trillion. It consisted of the EU’s long-term budget for 2021 to 2027 under the multiannual financial framework and NextGenerationEU, a temporary instrument to help the European recovery.
Actors in the tourism ecosystem may be eligible for funding.
To help those interested find the relevant information, the European Commission’s DG GROW has published a guide highlighting the wide range of funding programmes financed by the new Multiannual Financial Framework and Next Generation EU. These resources will support the move towards a more digital, sustainable and inclusive EU.
Key facilities that are relevant to the tourism sector are:
- The Recovery and Resilience Facility (RRF) aims to ease the economic and social impact of the COVID-19 crisis and make European economies and societies more sustainable, resilient and better prepared for the challenges and opportunities of the green and digital transitions.
- The European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) aims to strengthen the environmental, socioeconomic sustainability and resilience of tourism in the long term.
- The LIFE Programme funds projects in environment and climate action. Tourism activities related to green transition can benefit from the programme.
- The Just Transition Fund aims to reduce the social and economic costs resulting from the transition to an EU climate-neutral economy. For tourism SMEs, the fund can provide investments in fixed capital.
- The Single Market Programme focuses on improving the competitiveness of enterprises, particularly SMEs, and supporting their access to markets, including businesses from the tourism sector.
DG GROW’s guide goes into more details on these programmes and can help you find appropriate funding and links.
Through this guide clusters and SMEs can also find:
- Eligibility criteria
- Download guides for submission and how to prepare
- Partnership opportunities
- How to submit your proposal, offer or application on time
Read the guide here.