For the last two years the Covid 19 pandemic has distracted most of our members in covid related activities. In other clusters the health emergency had reduced the economic activities so our cluster have focused a lot of effort in supporting covid 19 related activities with the aim of:
- Enhance our response capacity
- Support the economic reactivation
- Protect the Healthcare providers from the private sector
- Make the cluster a more active participant of the healthcare policy in the region.
In order to achieve these goals, the Cluster have been doing the following activities:
- Established a census of private hospitals in the region that treated covid 19, and help as liaison with the public sector to coordinate efforts.
- We also organized webinars and best practice meetings with public and private sector hospitals during 2020 to accelerate the communication of best practices and healthcare providers safety.
- Established a census of all private health care providers in the state and communicated it to the public authorities so they could be considered for vaccination. Once we had the census we did lobbying and press conferences to reduce the delay in private sector healthcare workers vaccination. Which was neglected at the beginning of the vaccination process.
- We created and communicated a guide for the creation of health protocols for covid-19 in businesses. The guide was communicated by regional chambers, other clusters and non-for-profit organizations.
- We communicate a weekly report on the different numbers around the covid-19 pandemic that help different healthcare and other sectors´ industries to understand more deeply the pandemic, its behavior and prevention measures, as well as the effectiveness of public policy measures. (e.g. we have already noticed a reduction in mortality rates in the state after surpassing 50% of the population with at least on covid 19 dose).
With this effort we have successfully vaccinates over 8,000 private health care professionals. Most clusters and their members use our figures every week to make decisions about their businesses regarding covid-19 and most of the health care practices are standardized among public and private covid-19 hospitals with a fast communication on beds available, support and best practices in each of them.
Apart to the direct benefits to our employees and other health care workers in the region, the general population and other clusters in the region these efforts have yielded other good strategic outcomes such as:
- Increased Visibility, we appear more on social media and are consulted about public health policy more often
- Increased recognition in the health care sector: we have become the liaison between the healthcare regulator in the region and the private healthcare providers.
- Increased recognition by other clusters through the weekly information and support regarding health care related decision making.
We expect to maintain this leadership in the covid-19 field, but also begin to refocus again in the rest of our strategies.