The International Horticultural Congress (IHC) is the most important scientific event organised every four years since 1959 in the fields related to Horticulture* under the auspices of ISHS (International Society for Horticultural Science). The previous IHC gathered around 2500 - 5000 participants from countries all-over the world. It is an excellent platform for scientists, technicians, students, consultants, engineers, extension agents, growers, industry, policy makers, trade and consumer organisations and other professionals having an interest in Horticulture. IHC 2022 will be organized into 3 key pillars:
- A high scientific level with a unique opportunity to gathering, meeting and debating on the main topics:
- Making value from Research - Education – Industry
- Developing international collaborations, in particular between South and North. Promoting experience - sharing and bringing together different types of horticulture.
The backbone of the congress will be built on four challenges:
- Competitiveness and skills for horticultural value chains
- Food, human health and well-being of citizens
- Sustainability of production systems
- Adaptation to climate changes and effect mitigation
They will be the leading topics of the four planned plenary sessions where Grand keynote speakers will be invited to bring in and express their external and critical views.
These four topics will also be the common thread all along the 25 symposia (Call for abstracts opens until November 15th). In addition, many important and topical subjects will be addressed such as: breeding, biodiversity, organic farming urban horticulture, new technologies for phenotyping, precision horticulture,…
Through these main topics and challenges, we want IHC2022 to be an outstanding scientific event as well as an unique opportunity for the industry and students to exchange, discuss and collaborate with the scientists.
We are looking forward to meeting you in Angers in August 2022!