The HempClub project, funded by the COSME Programme, brings together 7 clusters and association operating in the bioeconomy, advanced manufacturing and hemp production sectors to create interconnected and interregional supply chains between operators in primary production, agri-food processing and green chemistry in the hemp sector.
HempClub implements the ClusterXchange pilot scheme which aims to support short-term exchanges between two different COSME countries to better connect Europe’s industrial ecosystems. It facilitates transnational cooperation, peer learning, networking and innovation uptake between actors of different industrial clusters.
Who can participate?
Participants of a transnational exchange can be representatives of cluster organisations and similar business network organisations, scaling-up support organisations (such as tech centres, research institutes, (digital) innovation hubs, fab labs, creative hubs, resource-efficiency service providers, incubators, accelerators) and SMEs that are cluster members from countries participating in the COSME programme.
Unfortunately, Czech organizations cannot take part in this specific exchange, but you are more than welcomed to take part in future exchanges that will be organized abroad. Follow us on social media to stay updated on new exchange opportunities.
Visiting organizations can participate only once in the CXC mobility scheme.
- To put together strong arguments and create steps for lobbying that will support the hemp industry
- To help the creation of supportive regulations for CBD products coming from traditional extracts as food products.
- To share knowledge, individuate potential collaboration and commercial opportunities in the bioeconomy among the Host Organization (and its cluster associates) and Visiting organizations;
- To enhance collaboration and networking among actors of EU hemp value chains to enhance and promote the European hemp industry globally;
- To visit local companies and interact with local stakeholders operating in the hemp sector;
The exchange will be hosted by CzecHemp, a non-governmental non-profit cluster organization of private companies, public sector, research and education to strengthen cooperation in the czech hemp and medical cannabis industry which supports the SDGs, EC innovative policy, national competitiveness policy and development of bioeconomy in the Czech Republic.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 14
12:00 welcoming BRUNCH
13:30 XChange opening
14:00 – 17:30 ROUNDTABLE – topics:
▪ Hemp substances introduction
▪ State of play in CBD markets – EU framework and local specifics (Czech, France, Italy, Poland…)
▪ Challenges identification: inconsistent EU regulation vs free trade, products quality and safety standards, transport issues, advertising restrictions, (un)instructed officials.
19:00 – 22:00 networking DINNER
THURSDAY, JUNE 15
9:00 – 12:00 ROUNDTABLE – morning part:
▪ Hemp Industry regulation: Best practices from EU countries
▪ Meeting with local stakeholders – discussion on potential solution for regulation of CBD product safety on EU market
12:00 – 13:30 Networking LUNCH
13:30 – 15:30 ROUNDTABLE – afternoon part:
▪ Hemp industry self-regulation: Best practices
16:00 – 19:00 SITE VISIT
FRIDAY, JUNE 16
09:00 – 15:00 SITE VISITS
Alpha cat - lab of CBD derived products
Czech university of life science (CZU) - R&D facility for cannabis production
Sensiqure - production facility for high quality CBD product with GMP licence
If you fulfill all the eligibility conditions (see above: "who can participate"), you may be entitled to receive a lump sum of €305 for participating to the event aiming to partially cover for accomodation, flights and meals.
To receive the lump sum, it is mandatory to participate in every activity of the exchange.
If your organization already took part in the previous HempClub exchange (Canapa Forum - Business Exchange) or in some exchanges organized by other CXC Partnership, you will not be eligible to receive the lump sum.
Registration through this page do not give access directly to the event. After registration through this page, you will be contacted via email to verify your eligibility and finalize your registration to the event.
For any questions, do not hesitate to contact us: hempclubeu [at] gmail.com