GALATEA “Grow and AcceLerate your smArt projecTs in nEw value chAins of the European Blue Economy”, is a Europen innovation action continuation of the successful INNOSUP-1 project “NEPTUNE, the Blue Growth Accelerator”, that ended in December 2018, to reinforce selected Blue Growth domains through the collaboration between information and communication technologies (ICT), aerospace and maritime industries.
GALATEA project aims to develop new cross-sectoral and cross-borders value chains, supporting in particular innovative SMEs, to foster the development of Blue Growth key industries in Europe. This development will be driven by the integration of technologies and know-how from aerospace and ICT sectors, to the following domains: ports, ships, shipyards and maritime surveillance.
The project aims at achieving the following specific objectives:
- To foster the creation or the improvement of products (goods and service) or the improvement of production processes with the reduction of raw material consumption.
- To enhance the development of new value chains in the targeted four Blue Growth domains through a systematic approach providing innovation support to individual and consortium of SMEs.
- To support the development of large-scale demonstrators.
- To provide innovation support through Financial Support to Third Parties (FSTP), services and other support mechanisms to SMEs.
- To offer SMEs the opportunity to extend their markets worldwide.
GALATEA project proposes the implementation of a three phases methodology, supporting innovative SMEs:
- Emergence of challenges, based on the identification of customer’s needs and societal challenges at stake related to Smart Port, Smart Ship, Smart Shipyard and maritime surveillance;
- Emergence of ideas, facilitated by the implementation of various digital tools giving the opportunity to organise remote networking sessions between European SME;.
- Innovation support and services, with two call for proposal that will be launched, providing to beneficiary financial support and services for the implementation of their innovation activities. SMEs will be awarded for a maximum grant of 60,000 €.
Main expected results are:
- Creation or improvement of 35 products or production processes
- Development of 15 value-chains in the targeted domains
- Development of 10 large-scale demonstrators through supported innovation projects.
- 100 SMEs benefiting from FSTPs, services or other support mechanisms.