Galicia Food Cluster
Asociación Cluster Alimentario de Galicia / Clusaga
The mission of the Galician Food Cluster (Clusaga) is to contribute to the sustainable growth, enhanced competitiveness and internationalisation of the Galician food sector. Clusaga's scope of action includes the whole food and drink value chain, mainly food and drink transformation, but also comprising primary sector activities, auxiliary activities providing machinery, equipment, services, etc., and food distribution (including HORECA).
The Strategic Plan 2016-2020 of the Galician Food Cluster defines four lines of action:
- Promotion of R&D&I and strengthening of the innovative capacity
- Human capital, entrepreneurship, and progress towards the factory of the future.
- Markets and internationalisation; access to new markets and adapt to consumer trends.
- Consolidation and projection of the Galician Food Cluster.
The most representative activities of Clusaga include:
- Organisation of fora, workshops, and training and info sessions on issues of relevance for the food sector stakeholders;
- Collaboration projects to build triple- and quadruple-helix networks and innovative products and services adapted to consumption trends;
- Innovation projects for intelligent management systems related to digitalisation, Industry 4.0 and IoT, environmental sustainability, and innovative commercialisation models;
- Business intelligence, market analysis and prospection, and analysis of consumption trends, including workshops and study missions;
- Joint commercial promotion actions and B2B and C2C networks;
- Organisation of the annual Galician Food Innovation Awards;
- Leading the Galician Business Factory Food, the regional accelerator for the food sector, in collaboration with regional public agencies and leading companies (launched in January 2019).
Support services for upskilling and reskilling of companies workforce
- Lifelong learning
6Research Organisations, Universities, Technology Centers
3Other Ecosystem Actors