Flanders Bike Valley
The Flanders’ Bike Valley Cluster brings together actors in the field of bicycle & cycling sciences and technologies: public research organizations, private companies and specialized service providers in a Quadruple Helix format, including strategic stakeholders. The Cluster is managed by experienced entrepreneurial managers with roots in business development and cycling industries.
As an emerging cluster, the mission of the Flanders’ Bike Valley Cluster is to actively participate in building a successful ecosystem that will attract and retain companies and laboratories that are active in the bicycle & cycling field contributing to boosting innovation, economic performance and employment.
The epicenter of this cycling-ecosystem is based in Flanders where R & D goes together with innovative quick response manufacturing, smart specializations and human centered production. This challenging magnet will attract the most creative and entrepreneurial human capital to create magnitude in the development of a strong valley where anyone wants to work live and life.
The activities of Flanders’ Bike Valley Cluster are therefore articulated around the following objectives:
- Bring together private and public actors to create mutual trust and encourage the establishment of partnerships and collaborations
- Support cluster members in their daily R&D, innovation and business challenges
- Enhance members’ international visibility and attractiveness
- Extend the reach of the cluster beyond national borders in order to identify new potential R&D and innovation partners
- Contribute to the development of a supportive environment able to attract and retain companies and high-level researchers in order to attain scientific excellence in bicycle & cycling related activities.
- Empower the development of the cycling industries in Flanders
- Increase and encourage the uptake of new technologies
- Promote the technological capabilities of private companies and public research in Flanders and thereby enhancing their regional and international visibility
- Facilitate collaboration between public and private research actors on the national and international level
- Identify new market possibilities
Facilitate incubation & acceleration infrastructure in cooperation with BikeVille Incubator.
Six operating areas :
- Industry & Governments
- Sport (federations + athletes)
- Recreation & Tourism
- Science & Technology
- Safety & Health
3Research Organisations, Universities, Technology Centers
2Other Ecosystem Actors