The European Maritime Day (EMD) Conference is an annual two-day event where Europe’s maritime community meet to network, discuss, and forge joint actions on maritime affairs and the sustainable blue economy.
This year the event will take place in hybrid format on 20–21 May in Den Helder, The Netherlands.
The EMD Conference is the place where ‘Ocean Leaders Meet’. It provides an interactive experience where attendees can catch up on the current state of play in relation to a broad range of issues concerning the blue economy and the marine environment, as well as discuss ways of moving forward.
It features a large number of speakers, breakout sessions, and project pitch sessions organised by stakeholders and European Commission services, as well as hundreds of B2B meetings. EMD targets professionals from businesses, governments, public institutions, NGOs and academia.
Format of the event
As a registered participant you will have access to all virtual formats of the conference.
Depending on the sanitary measures in May, physical attendance may be open to a limited number of participants. Meanwhile, all registered participants can attend online.
You can find registration for specific sessions below:
- Opening session - more details here.
- EU Policy session "The sustainable seafood sector and the EU’s Green Deal" - more details here.
- EU Policy session ‘Marine and freshwater Research & Innovation’ - more details here.
- Pitch Stage I - more details here.
- Pitch Stage II - more details here.
- For each slot of parallel workshops taking place on 20 May, one workshop will be hybrid and three workshops will be 100% virtual - more information on this will come at a later stage.
Find more information on this event here.